Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm growing bitter...

So China got through 5 more days of people....two of those days were a weekend when there was no one logged in and the other few days weren't all that big. I'm so confused. I really don't understand why they only got through 1/2 the number of people they did last month. I really believe they have a quota and it's just not a published number and China is trying to stay underneath some kind of ceiling. Lucky us.

So they are finished through 11/30/05. At least they are officially done with November 05. I just can't believe they didn't get into December....So sad. So this basically means that we won't see Katelyn's face until 2008. Another Christmas without our kid. At least we should be getting a referral at the beginning of January...we hope.

On a positive note, traveling to China the end of February, beginning of March should be nice. There's no holidays then and it is off season so travel should be less expensive (I'm grasping at positive straws here...humor me.) Maybe we'll be there for my birthday (March 13th), that would be pretty cool.

The thing that kills me is that the main form that we needed from our government to send our packet to China back in the fall of 2005 got lost in the mail (yeah for real) and set us back a month so we were logged in at the end of Decemeber instead of November. Little did we know that would mean it would take six months longer to bring our child home. I just keep thinking that will all make sense when we have the child with us that is perfect for our family. That's the only thing that keeps me from truly growing bitter.

Please pray for Josh and I, we're growing very weary of the wait.

5 comments:

maria said...

Hang in there Sissa, we're rooting for you!

The Tracy's said...

We are also frustrated by the wait. I know that once we have our baby girl it will be worth the wait and it just meant our baby wasn't ready yet. We were frustrated by our LID because couples that were DTC after us were logged in before us. But I have to believe there is a reason for it. Hang it there! It will happen!

Sherry
LID 10.11.06

Anonymous said...

We are praying for you both honey. I know it seems like a long time to wait but look at all that LOVE that will be waiting for little Katelyn. I know the Lord has someone very special waiting for you, and He is waiting for the perfect time to introduce you to your bundle of joy. Have faith!!!You will be a great Mom and Dad.

Diane Lorenski said...

Hi Josh & Melissa.....glad to hear that you are hanging in there...being so patient and all.
Remember, if God leads you to it, He will bring you through it. OUR plan isn't always God's plan, and someday we will understand.

I think, truthfully, that the government found out about the whole "Gressler" thing (wierd people, crazy people, silly people, immature peope, etc) and they don't want to subject little
Katelyn to us any sooner than is absolutely necessary! Sorry about that!

Know that we love you and keep you in our prayers!
Aunt DeDe & Uncle Ed

Shawnstribe said...

Hi waiting for Katy bug : )
so good to meet you in the dec room at RQ, heres waiting for this long month of dec to zoom quickly.
thinking of you and i love your blog
take care
shawnstribe ( uk)