So our tentative schedule is:
- Depart Lexington - April 10th
- Arrive in Beijing - April 11th (12 hours ahead and 20 hours of traveling later)
- Sightseeing in Beijing April 12th and 13th
- Depart Beijing for Nanchang, Jiangxi - April 13th (late afternoon/early evening)
- Stay in Jiangxi -April 13-20
- Receive Katelyn - April 13 when we get to Nanchang or the next morning on April 14th
- Adoption finalized (on China's end) the day after we receive Katelyn
- Depart for Guangzhou - April 20th
- US Consulate Appointment - April 22nd
- Oath Ceremony (where we promise to take care of Katelyn) - April 23rd
- Depart for the USA - April 24th (arrive the same day because we gain 12 hours!)-Katelyn is a US citizen as soon as we land in the US!
We will not have all of these dates officially until a couple of weeks before we travel, but these look fairly solid, give or take a day. Josh will be off work from April 9-May 1, so we'll have a week together once we get home to get over the jet lag and begin to transition on this end.
I feel like there's a whole lot to do in the next seven weeks! I'm making lots of lists right now. We worked on the nursery this weekend and it's looking very cute. The furniture is assembled and now I'm decorating. I'll post pictures when I get done!