Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Picture of Katelyn's orphanage

I found a picture of the Zhangshu Social Welfare Institute where Katelyn is living. My understanding is that it's pretty small. I'm trying to find out more. From the pictures I've seen, the area that she's in is rural and very green. One adoptive family said that she thought there were about 20 children there currently. That's really small. In China the Social Welfare Institutes are not just for children, but for the elderly also. Here is a link to another family's visit to this institution when they adopted their daughter. http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=A6-dOaH0cPI



For all of you who have called and e-mailed to celebrate with us, thank you! I apologize to those I haven't gotten back to. I had a sore throat yesterday and when I left a meeting at the church last night I wasn't feeling well and by the time I got home I had a fever of 100 and the chills. I was in bed by 10 and slept for 12 1/2 hours only to wake up and feel even worse. I've been on the couch all day. Such a bummer. I have a friend with similar symptoms who went to the Dr. today and was diagnosed with bronchitis. So if I feel like this again tomorrow, I'll be at the Dr. too. So I'm not ignoring anyone...I just feel lousy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adopted my little girl from Zhangshu Christmas of 2005. They take very good care of the children at Zhangshu. My daughter is a smart and happy girl; the sunshine of my life. Please join our yahoo group for zhangshufamilies.
Your little girl is BEAUTIFUL!

Laurie said...

AAAWWESOMME!!!!! Congrats you two! She is adorable -miss you and love you both!! May God Bless your travel and process.
-Your old Mercy Ministries buddy, Laurie