Thursday, February 14, 2008

Healthy again!

So the day after we got our referral, I (Melissa) got the flu and was really sick for a week. I NEVER get sick...not for a week anyway. I think God wanted me to stay away from the mall.

All of the offices in China have been closed all week for Chinese New Year, so we still haven't received our translated documents. We are supposed to get them tomorrow or Friday. This will give us more information about the baby. We have a pediatrician here in town who has adopted from China and specializes in international adoption. She's going to evaluate all of Katelyn's medical information for us. She's also going to be our pediatrician when Katelyn comes home.

We have a travel meeting on Monday evening and that meeting should answer all of our questions about how the rest of this process is going to go.

We have Katelyn's picture up on the entertainment center and every time I look up I think about how sweet our baby is. We're ready to go get her!!!!

I've been able to meet (via e-mail) several of the other families that will be in our travel group. One other family is adopting a baby from the same orphanage Katelyn is in. They live up near Chicago. There's another familiy that's from Mesa, AZ...out by where my parents live. One familiy lives north of Cincinnati and another lives just south of Elizabethtown (about an hour and a half from Lexington). Everyone seems really nice and I think we're going to have a great trip. There are 12 families all together. We're all ready to head to China.

This weekend we (okay my brother and a couple of Josh's friends) are going to assemble the crib and the glidder/ottoman so that I can finish decorating the nursery.

My friend Susan is going to host a baby shower for us on March 15th which is so fun and sweet. She asked if we wanted a couple's shower or just girls. I asked Josh and he looked horrified, while saying, "I don't want to go." I guess that answers that question. :) I told him he had to look at EVERYTHING when I got home.

No comments: