Thursday, September 10, 2009

My little Van Gogh

Katelyn has been going through a big separation anxiety phase over this past week or so. All of a sudden she screams and screams when I leave her anywhere...the nursery at the gym, at a friend's house... And it's not just a cry for a few minutes and then stop sort of scream. Last night she cried for 45 minutes and my sweet friend brought her over to the church to me. She just wants mommy. I love to spend time with Katelyn and there are limited times that she's not with her dad, myself or my parents. Amazing how one day all is well and the next day she'll have nothing of it. Anyway, today I decided that she won't be little forever. This desire to be with me all the time will eventually pass and a day will come where she's not interested in spending time with me at all. So if we're going to spend all this time together we're going to do something fun!!!
Obviously our fun activity tonight was painting. What you can't hear is the silly songs CD that is playing. You can't see Katelyn dancing and singing along with "Old MacDonald Had A Farm." Her new FAVORITE song. Eeeeyiyee, Eeeeyiyeee, Ohhhh.

Katelyn looked at me and announced, "I wub to paint!"

Tonight remined me that watching Dora on TV is convenient and Katelyn enjoys it, but she was so excited about listening to music and painting. It was fun to watch her choose her colors and talk about her painting.


I mean, I might just have the next Van Gogh here!

1 comment:

Aunt Bird said...

If she loves to paint, she doesn't take after me! Must be Allison. Thanks for the update!!! By the way, she sure is cute!