Tuesday, January 25, 2011

If one more person tells me to update the blog....

Seriously...I'm going to start charging each of my family members for times they view the blog. I'd be rich! I should get a bonus check for all of the griping I've heard because the blog hasn't been updated in three weeks. It's winter....we haven't gone outside in two months. Our photo opportunities are limited. But here are the highlights of trying to do our best to have some fun while trudging through January....
Since you are all such big fans...you're in luck...you can follow her music career. She's quite the rock star. She'll need her faithful following in order to make it big.
Legos. We've played a lot of legos over the last few weeks. And by we, I mean Michael and Katelyn. I don't have the Lego gene...but those two would be happy to build stuff all day.

This was an exciting moment. They used all of the Legos in the tub and built it all up on the car. Katelyn thought that was fun. I think it's very Dr. Seuss-ish.

I was getting dressed for work one morning and when I came downstairs Katelyn was watching cartoons and she looked like this. I asked what she was doing and she said matter-of-factly, "Michael brought me the paper."

Aunt Shirley...this one's for you. Here she is playing with her Disney Princess paper dolls that you got her for Christmas. She really likes them!

Katelyn helped me make rice crispy treats and we brought them to church to share with our friends for snack. Any time I'm doing anything in the kitchen that involves measuring ingredients or mixing Katelyn is right there with me wanting to help. I'm learning to be patient in a whole new way. :)

Katelyn is learning how to use scissors. She loves to snip snip. She won't cut in a straight line she just wants to make little cuts all along the edges of the paper. And she wants to DO IT HERSELF. I let her have the coupons after I was done with them....You can never start them too early on couponning!

This was really funny. She was all dressed up in her church dress and she put this whistle around her head. She wore it like that all evening. She thought she was funny. Telling jokes and being silly is really important to Katelyn these days.

This is what our living room has looked like all month. A big old pile of stuff with Katelyn in the middle. Yep...I'm ready for the playing outside to start back up again.

And really...does it get any sweeter than this? I love, love, love these two...and they make the cold alright.

I'll try to be better at posting...but I do work you know!

2 comments:

a.b. said...

Sorry we were all crabbing...but I just love to see what Katelyn, and her mom and dad are up to! Make sure you give her daily hugs and kisses for me....if you can get her to stop long enough! Love you.

Aunt Pam said...

Thank you Melissa.