Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!!

We have so much to be thankful for this year!

 I'm thankful for moments like these.  The kids were laughing.  I mean belly laugh giggling while they were jumping on the bed.

 I'm thankful for a little guy who keeps growing and growing.  Look at him doing a push up.  :)

 I'm thankful for a husband who works hard every day and then comes home, gets on the floor and plays with the kids.  Michael is such a GREAT daddy.

 I'm thankful that both kids like to read books.  Even little Noah loves looking at books.  Katelyn will sit and read to him during the day and the other night Michael was reading him a story.  Noah likes to turn the pages.

 I'm thankful for a beat up coffee table that has many dents and dings in it.  All of those markings have come because God has blessed us with children and so our house is loud and crazy and the furniture is well worn.  

 I'm thankful for our church.  It has been an answer to prayer. Katelyn was in the children's choir that sang  for our mission's conference a couple of weeks ago.  She got to wear one of the dressed I bought her while I was in China.  She sang "How Great is Our God" in English, Spanish, German and Indonesian.  She practiced the words at home everyday.  She really did a good job.

 I'm thankful for a big girl who likes to cook with me.  She's such a big helper in so many ways, but she especially loves getting to help me bake.  We made a nutella swirled pumpkin pie with a gingersnap crust the other day to have for dessert when my brother and his family came over.  

 I am thankful that our kids have wonderful grandparents.  It's fun to watch your parents enjoy their grandkids.  My parents got two more this year!

 Speaking of new grandkids....I'm thankful for my little nephew, Charlie.  He's almost six months old now and he's adorable.  Katelyn got to hold him the other night.  It will be fun to watch all the kids play together as they get older.

 I'm thankful for fun times with family.  We've had lots of fun this year.  Here's Aunt Mimi with the kids.

 I'm thankful for Noah's sweet disposition.  He brings much joy into our home.

 I'm thankful for Katelyn's personality...her big, big personality.  She is creative and has a strong sense of self.  She dressed herself the other day and LOVED what she picked out.  She makes us laugh...a lot...all the time.

 I'm thankful for my husband who is loving, faithful, hard working and has such a good sense of humor.  He's my best friend and I couldn't imagine life without him.  I thank God every day that He brought Michael into my life.

 I'm thankful that Noah is learning to do new things everyday.  He hasn't quite figured out how to crawl but I think he can wiggle or roll his way into any little spot.

Last, but not least, I'm thankful for two wonderful kids that I didn't  know if I would get have or not. They bring me so much joy.  I'm thankful that I get to be their mom.  What a gift!  I'm also so thankful for the relationship they have with each other.  I can't wait to watch that grow.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  Count your blessings.

No comments: