Thursday, February 5, 2009

$12.42 buys more than you think

I love grocery shopping. I know that's not a cool thing to tell people when they ask what your hobbies are, but I'll just come clean...I really love grocery shopping. Getting the most I can for the least amount of money is a game for me. Some people like the Wii I like the Sunday ads and my coupon organizer. I've recently discovered the world of internet coupons. You can print off all kinds of extra manufacturers coupons online. FABULOUS!!! So below are the treasures from my trip to Kroger this evening.....All this for $12.42. I got all the toilet paper for free. The cans of vegetables for a total of $.45. The loaf of bread for $.25. All three multipacks of yogurt for $2. Both boxes of cereal for less than $2. This food will go far around here. My hobby is paying off. I saved almost 70% on groceries this week.
And because I know that there are some of you (dad) who will get mad at me if I just write about coupons without posting pictures of Katelyn....Here's her eating the fruits of my labor.

Good thing I like a good deal on groceries, because this kid is happiest when she's eating!


And when she's finished, she likes to play.


So silly....







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! You need to teach me, oh wise one.

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
This is Carrie. I loved your last post about the bargains. I would appreciate it if you emailed me and gave me advice about how you shop so thrifty. You should start a blog on this very thing. I mean it! Tim has put me on a food budget and I am enjoying it. I like seeing where the money is going. I am very interested in where you get the coupons on line and any other tricks you can share.
I love keeping up with you and Katelyn. She is such a doll!! She and Lili are so close in age. I think only 3 days apart.
I will be looking forward to your email.
God bless,
Carrie