Monday, August 22, 2011

Time to can

Since the kitchen was being overtaken by a beautiful harvest of tomatoes (not shown here is the colander full of cherry tomatoes that we eat with everything), I decided that it was time to do some canning.

I needed my counter back, so this became...


11 quarts of spaghetti sauce! It turned out really good. I even used the immersion blender to get the perfect consistency...(see mom, I told you I needed it for Christmas...I use it and everything.) I don't think we'll be buying pasta sauce any time soon. Of course I did this middle of last week and I already have half a counter of tomatoes again. I think this week's canning project is going to be tomato jam. I found a cool recipe and it's supposed to be good with crackers or on grilled meat...I think I'll try it and let y'all know.



No comments: