Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekend in review

Ho ho ho! Yesterday we took Katelyn to a "Cookies with Santa" event at our church.

Santa and Mrs. Claus read stories to the kids.



Of course, Katelyn didn't want to get too close so she stayed with Michael on the fringe. :)



She made a beautiful wreath with colored maccaroni. It is being displayed proudly in our dining room.





We couldn't get Katelyn to sit with Santa and the Mrs. and take a picture for anything...but she was more than happy to partake in the cookie eating part of the event.



She made an ornament and we put her name on it.



And, drumroll please....Katelyn got to sleep in her new big girl room. (She moved to the bigger room next to her old room.) I got it painted this lovely pink color this week. I'll post pictures of the room in the next couple of days. I've still got some decorating to do.



She loved her new room and went right to sleep. I, on the other hand, am the one who cried like a baby. I can't believe how big she's getting. Sigh.



It was chilly today but we decided we all needed some fresh air. So we threw on hats and gloves and headed to the park for a while and then went to the library so all of us could load up on some new reading material.




On a sad note, my grandma passed away last night. She was almost 94 and lived a very full life and I am glad she's with Jesus now....but it's sad that she's gone. My grandparents lived next door to us for most of our lives growing up and I have more wonderful memories than I can count. I'm thankful for that today...

1 comment:

Carrie said...

So sorry to hear about your gramma. Will be praying for you.