Friday, August 29, 2008

A morning with friends

We went out to McConnell's Springs today and met my friend Megan and her son Jeremiah. McConnell's Springs is where Lexington was first settled and it's just a pretty wooded area with a paved path that does a big loop through the property. So we took the kids in the strollers and did a couple of loops and then let the little monkeys play in the outdoor ampitheater. Fun for all! It's fun to watch Katelyn watching Jeremiah. Jeremiah is two and is running and jumping. You can just see Katelyn trying to figure out how she can do those things too! (uhh ohh)
Kateybug was particularly cute with her pigtails and bows. She just loves exploring outside. Rocks and dirt...hooray!Of course we had to eat lunch when we came home and after inhaling all that I gave her, she gave me a great big smile. Now she's taking a big old nap...so all is well for mama. I actually ate lunch without sharing my food. Whoo hoo.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I love to follow your blog. I have you bookmarked and check you just about daily. Katelyn is so cute!! It is so amazing what love wil do. To think of what our girls were just about 4 months ago and what they are now, they do not seem like the same child.
Keep on posting because I love following your journey.
God bless,
Carrie Sargent

maria said...

How amazing! She is beautiful and growing so fast. Why don't we meet at M Springs sometime after Sept 8th?