Friday, August 8, 2008

Things I Like...by Katelyn Grace

I know I'm only 13 months old, so you can hardly believe that I can type and everything...but hey, I'm pretty smart. Mommy needed a break, so I thought I would update this blog so that she could rest. :) I miss grammy and grandpa and I wanted to make sure they saw what I had been doing. It's not as fun without them here!
I like watching my Baby Einstein videos. Today I watched the one about colors. That crazy blue guy that comes on with the green balloons really cracks me up. Daddy was trying to take a little nap before he went to work, but I really like my daddy, so I sat with him while he rested. He didn't even drink a bottle before his nap...I don't know how he fell asleep. Uncle Jason and Aunt Doris were here for a couple days this week. They're really nice. They played with me, took me to Cracker Barrel for breakfast (I had the oatmeal...and some other stuff off everyone else's plate. It was delicious!). They brought me a sock monkey. I think it's cute. I like mommy a whole lot. We're buddies. Last night we hung out together. She takes me lots of places and pushes me around in my stroller. Sometimes she gets kind of crazy with her camera and won't stop taking my picture. She say's I'm so cute. Lots of people say that. Hey, I'm just a kid...I just want people to play with me. Mommy sings wheels on the bus. I like that song the best.
I really like to read books. I have lots of them and I read every one of them every day. I've learned how to turn the pages so now I read to myself. I'm a big girl you know.
I still like it when other people read to me too...so sometimes I'll bring them one of my books. Mommy just bought me this book about Elmo on the farm. It's real good. I like farms. Animals are awesome. They make all kinds of sounds. The cow says moo. I like Elmo. He's funny and he wiggles as much as I do.
I like to make some crazy faces. It seems to make everyone laugh so I keep doing it. Every once in a while I make a new face, just to keep everyone on their toes. Look at all my teeth!
I like to play peek a boo. Mommy keeps asking where I am. I think I'm tricking her when I cover my eyes. I must be really good at that game.
I like Aunt Diane. She gave me this cool toy. It's some kind of bottle with these little popcorn pieces in it. I don't understand why daddy calls it my redneck rattle. I just like that it makes so much noise. I shook it real load today while daddy was taking a nap. I don't think he likes my toy as much as I do.

I like to play outside and mommy said we're going to the park after I take a nap today. It's really blue out with big puffy clouds and it's not so hot. I can't wait to go on the swings. I didn't like them at first, but now I do. I really like to eat mulch. Mommy won't let me though. She keeps saying that it's yucky. I don't think she's even tried it though. I think she should taste it. She might like it.

Okay...I have to go night night now. Mom said. But our house is really quiet....except for Brody barking...I keep telling him no no and shaking my finger at him like mommy does. I think someone else should come play with me. Oh, daddy's friend Joey will be back in a couple days. He's like a big kid. He's going to Iraq soon so I'm going to go fishing with him while he's here.

Talk to ya later!


No comments: