Monday, April 13, 2009

One year

One year ago today Zhang Bi Wan was handed to us in the conference room of a hotel in Nanchang, China and became Katelyn Grace McDonald. She was crying and scared and had no idea who these strange looking people were. I was about to jump out of my skin. I was so excited to become her mommy I could hardly contain myself. The conference room of a hotel is a very strange place to become parents, by the way....but families are formed in many different ways.
Jump ahead one year. Is this even the same child? She has grown so much, learned so much, come into her huge personality as she runs and dances and laughs and plays. Now she trusts and loves me fully, willingly, constantly... How is it possible that she has changed so much in just one year? I didn't even know it was possible to love another human being this much. I can't even remember what life without her was like.
For all of you reading who are waiting for your baby...it is worth every single minute.
I can't imagine having any other child but my child. She truly is the perfect fit.
I love you Katelyn Grace. It's such an honor and privilege to be your mom.

No comments: