Thursday, April 2, 2009

Enjoying spring...

Only when you are 21 months old is the front yard so fascinating! Katelyn was completely content to run up and down the driveway, race from end to end of the sidewalk, smell the flowers, play in the mulch....we spent a half an hour in the front yard tonight. Fine by me, it was a beautiful spring night. It's SO nice to be spending so much time outside. I have a little girl who is eating and sleeping like a pro these days.
Our little pear tree is in bloom. So pretty.

Look at this big girl. She's getting so tall.

Katelyn's favorite things these days are manhole covers. I know, what's a mom to do? When walking around the block she stops at every single one of them to stomp on them. This one is by our driveway so she had to sit on it, tell me what the letters on it were and stick her finger in the little hole. Gesh...(she did get a good long bath tonight).

And this sums up the night. Kung fu kick to all of you! (And a glimpse of the Katelyn glare...her signature look).

Katelyn spent last night and all day today hanging out with Grammy and Papa. They all did GREAT! My parents stayed for dinner and then headed back out to the lake. We're going tomorrow morning for a couple days. Katelyn loves the lake. (She calls it the ahkey.) Their house is on 2 1/2 lots so there's lots of room to run and play. I got a swing today to hang from a tree. We're pretty much all set.
Have I mentioned that I LOVE SPRING!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh our Katelyn is losing the baby look. So very precious! Give her lots of hugs and kisses for me, and I can wait to spoil her myself next month! Love you both! a.b.