Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom & Dad are here!!!

Did everyone hear me yell "WHOO HOO!" on Thursday afternoon? My mom and dad arrived safely after four days of driving across country with a VERY full car. It took Katelyn about 3 minutes to warm up to grammy and papa. She had them reading to her within five minutes....and I didn't hear them complaining about that. :)
The weekend before they came my brother and his fiance and Katelyn and I went out to the lake to paint the living room and entry way as a surprise for mom and dad. They have a lot of painting, cleaning and organizing to do and we wanted to help them get a jump on it.
Here it is when we were getting started...

Katelyn was so good all weekend. Here she is eating lunch on the floor in her booster seat while watching Elmo on the laptop. I have such a great kid! We were able to get so much done because she was cooperative.

Here's Niki working on the entry way....and Katelyn...still watching Elmo.

Niki and I were in charge of the trim and Mike was in charge of all rolling.

Katelyn and I spent this last weekend going back and forth with mom and dad to the house. My mom worked on unpacking and getting stuff put away and my dad and I worked on painting the sunroom and clearing branches that had fallen on the property. (What a great workout!)
I'll take the camera out there this weekend to get some updated shots of the progress. It's going to be beautiful when it's all done....oh and the boat is coming this weekend...and we got Katelyn a life jacket...so we might be taking some extra painting breaks! Yippie!!!
Mom and dad are going to come in and spend the night tomorrow night and watch Katelyn while I'm at work on Thursday. Ahhh...reinforcements are here at last. :)
We love grammy and papa!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: