Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

It was a beautiful weekend! While Katelyn was sleeping on Saturday afternoon, I mowed the lawn and planted the tomatoes and peppers in our little garden. I have lettuce, broccoli (which isn't doing so hot), radishes, onions, basil, mint, cilantro and oregano growing in containers on the back porch.)
Gamma bought Katelyn some sidewalk chalk and she loved it! She likes to color and was pretty excited that she got to do it outside.
Here's Katelyn and Gamma on Mother's Day.

Here are Katelyn and I after church...blowing bubbles. Please note the econo-size tub of bubbles. We have to go big with the bubbles around here. Bubbles are one of Katelyn's FAVORITE activities. She says "catch bubble" as she runs around chasing them with her little rake. :)

Here she is on Mother's Day. So cute! I love this little dress. My mom has better pictures. I'll post more soon.


I was so thankful yesterday that I get to be Katelyn's mom. All those Mother's Days when I was so sad...
I thought about Katelyn's birth mother in China yesterday...so thankful to her for giving this little girl life.




2 comments:

Discovering Doris said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Discovering Doris said...

Your updates rock. Keep them comin'. We smile while watching Katelyn grow up from afar. oxox