Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making time

I work with children all week long and I see lots of different interactions between people.
Many times I see children who are tossed aside...dropped off...seen as an inconvenience.
This truly makes me sad....for the child and the parent.
Of course there are times when I'm tired, busy, preoccupied...
but with each day that goes by I realize just how fast Katelyn is growing and changing.
I know that one day I'll look up and she'll be heading off to college.
It would be tragic to miss all of her observations, ramblings, time at play.
I don't ever want my child to feel like she's an inconvenience.
As I work with kids, I am more and more convinced that the greatest thing a parent can give is their undivided attention.
It seems to be an endangered species...

1 comment:

Maree said...

Yep, you are right...all they want is you~

Thank you for giving to the Lord in such a special way at church....I always believed when we were at The Rock that it was God's idea of what church should be. Not perfect, but His.

Gods blessings on you in your work there and at home.

Katelyn sure is a doll!! We are still waiting for travel info for Kate.