Friday, January 15, 2010

Magic Crowns and Marsupials

Katelyn can do things herself now you know. She got a great dress up outfit for Christmas and she calls this her "magic crown." She obviously put it on herself. :)
Really, Katelyn's just one happy girl. She laughs and plays...constantly in motion. Her imagination is getting bigger and bigger.

This is the best Katelyn story of late. I taught Katelyn that kangaroos are marsupials. So when asked what a kangaroo is, she'll reply, "a mahsupeel." I taught her that marsupials carry their babies in their pouch. So when I asked Katelyn where the kangaroo's baby goes, she says, "In the couch." The first time she said this I nearly pee-ed my pants I laughed so hard. So I explained that it's not the couch, the mama kangaroo has a pocket. So now when I ask where the baby kangaroo goes, Katelyn says "the couch pocket." I mean, I can't even make this stuff up. Katelyn's imagination is so big I'm sure she thinks there really are baby kangaroos in the couch. All I have to say is that this little girl is one smart cookie.


2 comments:

Aunt Shirley said...

Thank you for the new pics and cute story! I miss you guys so much! I am so glad you are happy. You deserve the best sweetie! I love you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.