Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snow day!!!

I know, I know...I haven't updated the blog lately. But honestly, winter is just not a time of as many photo opportunities as any other season. This is what it looks like outside today. Not only have we gotten inches of snow (4 maybe so far and it's still snowing) but it's REALLY cold outside also. I know there are those die hards out there who are playing with their children in the freezing cold, but I've been chilled all day without spending much time outside. I know, I'm a wimp...I'm okay with that.
Katelyn woke up from her nap and was looking outside, wanting to go and play, but it was starting to get dark. We'll play outside tomorrow. I need to mentally prepare myself. ;)

She was happy to pose for a picture though. She must know that all of you are dying to see this sweet face.

I got her a new Sid the Science Kid dvd from Netflix and it came today...so we are in for the evening...cozy as can be...watching too much TV. (At least it's educational, right?)

We just want to know....Is it almost spring yet???? Please say yes.


My neighbor gave me a couple of seed catalogs so that we can start planning this year's garden. That will have to do for now. It was a snow day here in Fayette County...and it's already been called for tomorrow, so no after school program at the church. I love the kids, but it is a little fun to get the afternoons off from the normal routine.

3 comments:

Aunt Bird said...

So you read my mind....although it took several days for you to acomplish that. I'm glad you have snow....join our club up here in freezing Michigan. We won't have warm weather till probably June! Katelyn is just as beautiful as ever! Give her extra kisses and hugs from us. And make sure you take her outside tomorrow to play in the snow! She'll love it.

Melissa K. said...

Said the woman who never took her kids out in the snow because she didn't want to be cold...

Aunt Pam said...

I missed your blog Melissa. It's the first thing I look for in the morning. She is so beautiful and you are such a good Mom!