Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two years...

Two years ago in a hotel conference room in Nanchang, China this scared little baby was handed to me and I instantly fell in love and willingly became her mommy...
and today in Lexington, KY a nearly three year old is my best, best girl and I can't even begin to imagine life without her...

because she is a little piece of heaven here on earth.

And God has brought this sweet man into our lives and a little family has been formed.

And we are all really happy.

And ice cream treats and trips to the park make for the perfect evening.


And what better way to celebrate Katelyn's adoption than to hang out and play with her?

I thank God for Katelyn every single day and I am well aware of how blessed I am.

1 comment:

A.B. said...

I remember all of the conversations we had leadng up to the adoption. How excited you were to become a mom. I am so very proud of you, that you are my niece and one of my best friends! Katelyn is truly one of the most special blessing you'll ever get. God is so in control. Putting Michael in your life has been awesome for you and Katelyn. I can't wait to meet him. If he's like my John, like you said he is, I will love him too!