Monday, August 23, 2010

Summertime bliss

What a lovely weekend! It was slow-paced, family-centered and altogether enjoyable. It was a little rainy on Saturday morning, so we stayed in our jammies a little longer and cooked a big breakfast. Then we went over to one of our favorite bookstores that was having a family event with a cake tasting, a little inflatable, crafts and a great stack of discounted books for kids. Perfect!
I have been wanting a clothesline since I moved into this house, but since it's a newer subdivision there are no mature trees to connect it to. But, I found a collapsable umbrella clothesline on craigslist (oh how I love craigslist) for $25 in perfect condition so we drove out to Nicholasville to pick it up on Saturday night. I am REALLY excited about my clothesline.
Last night our friends came over for dinner. They are a great family and they live just up the street in a neighboring subdivision two minutes from us. We all go to church together. Michael and John get along great. Cindy and I get along great. They have two kids. Their son is almost five and their daughter is three weeks older than Katelyn. The kids play together really well...so basically time with this family is really lovely.

We ate watermelon in the backyard. (A true picture of summer.)

The kids were filthy and happy and enjoyed running around in circles chasing each other.

Michael and John were awesome and kept the kids entertained. (I think it's because they're big kids themselves.)

I'm really thankful for a husband who's goofy and fun. When he's home he's 100% present and involved. We laugh and play a lot. Household projects are a team effort. He always seems to have enough energy to chase Katelyn around the yard. We are really blessed.

Finally everyone winds down. I should have taken a picture of John and Michael sitting in chairs on the back patio looking like they'd been run over by a train. :)

What a great weekend! And when everyone left I took our dry sheets and towels off the clothesline. When we crawled into bed last night, I laid my head on a pillow that smelled like a fresh summer breeze. It was pretty awesome!

1 comment:

Cindy Crissman said...

Be are blessed to have you three to spend time with. We love you guys!