Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summertime in Kentucky!

My excuse for not blogging more....I'm married now. Life's been a little busy. We've been getting organized, unpacked, transitioned. But now we're feeling more situated and so I'll go ahead and catch you up on our summer activities!
Katelyn has learned to pedal her tricycle. She's very proud of herself. Unfortunately, it's been SO HOT here that many days are just too warm to spend too long outside before we're all miserable.
We like to take walks around the neighborhood and Michael taught Katelyn how to roll down the neighbor's hill. She thought that was really funny.

We went to our county fair last month. Katelyn and I went last year and this year Michael was a welcomed new addition to the outing. I can't believe how much has changed in just one year. I can't believe how much Katelyn has grown in the last year. Sigh...she's getting so big.

She remembered from the year earlier that she got popcorn when we went to the fair and she asked for it again. This child misses NOTHING!

Katelyn was finally brave enough to ride her first ride...all by herself. She was really excited to get on...and then when it actually started moving she wasn't so sure. But she hung in there and did great. It's a good night when it costs only one ride and some popcorn to keep a kid entertained. I have a feeling that it will be the last year we get out of there for a few bucks.

We bought a deep freezer with some of our wedding money (what did I do before the freezer in the garage?) and Michael made Katelyn a box house with the box. She LOVES this box. It started with one little door and window and now the thing has a sky light, many windows and has been decorated. Michael's been trying to talk Katelyn into Kleenex curtains but she won't have it. (Both Katelyn and I believe that Michael should build and fix things but he's not allowed to decorate them.) I love this picture below. She looks like a hungry child that someone should send support money for. Good grief. (Although we do take donations.)

Grammy celebrated her birthday with us and in true Katelyn fashion, Grammy did not get to blow out her own candles.

The garden has been doing really well. We planted things late and then the yellow squash and zucchini got some kind of root rot so we had to start over. So we have had TONS of cucumbers, a few eggplant, the tomatoes and peppers are just coming in and the new squash plants are growing strong. I love being able to go out to the garden and pick vegetables to use for that night's dinner and salad. I know that we will always have a garden, no matter where we live.

Katelyn was gone this past Saturday for the day and Michael and I went out to Shaker Village. It was the first day in forever that the weather was perfect...not too hot or humid with a nice breeze. We had a lovely day together. They have a huge garden out there....I had garden envy. I'd love to live on a piece of property one day where we can really grow a lot and can and freeze for the whole year. One day....

I love being married. Michael and I get along really well. We enjoy spending time together. I love getting to come home to him at the end of the day. Family is so important to him and Katelyn and I are always a priority. We all laugh and play a lot. I can't believe it's been almost six weeks since the wedding.
It's a good, good life.
It's pretty easy to count my blessings.

That's been our summer....consider yourselves caught up!

No comments: