Monday, August 30, 2010

This morning's harvest

This morning I've put 4 loads of laundry on the line, picked what needed to be picked in the garden and gave the garden a good soak (it's supposed to be HOT here this week.)
A few big tomatoes, a couple of yellow peppers, a red pepper, a handful of banana peppers, yellow pear and grape tomatoes.

And this week's menu is:

Monday: Vegetable and chicken quesadillas and salad (using many items in the picture above)
Tuesday: Chicken pasta primavera and fresh bread (using the rest of the items picutred above)
Wednesday: Tuna casserole and salad
Thursday: grilled shrimp, marinated vegetables in the grill basket, yellow rice
Friday: Community dinner at our pastor's house
Saturday: Spaghetti (I froze some of the sauce that I canned last week because it wasn't enough for another quart), salad and fresh bread

I have some broccoli I need to plant sometime in the next couple of days. Since I had to replant the yellow squash and zucchini those are still growing strong. I hope we can get them to fruit before fall really hits. I think they should be fine.

I love having a garden!

No comments: