Saturday, September 4, 2010

This week's doings

So this has been my first week of being unemployed. (I was laid off at the church. Inner-city church = no $). We knew it was coming though which made it easier to prepare. Michael's been working as an engineering consultant while finishing his last year of seminary which has been perfect timing. So, I'm job hunting and I must say, I kind of enjoyed this last week. I got to focus on my sweet family and the house. I know a job will come along soon enough and I'll be back at work...So for now I'm going to enjoy this season where I get more time at home.
Katelyn has a new chore chart and if she gets 15 stickers on it in a week she gets to pick a prize out of a prize bag. She has to help willingly and with a joyful heart though. She likes to be a helper and she loves putting stickers on the chart. She got her first prize today for this week.
She loves to help me with the laundry. Her job is to put all the clothespins in the bag while I fold the clothes. It's actually really helpful.

The weekly menu plan has been in place for three weeks now and it's working really well for us. This was Thursday's dinner. Grilled shrimp, grilled veggies in the grill basket and yellow rice. Katelyn loved the shrimp. She cracks me up. I couldn't believe she ate it.

Katelyn loves doing puzzles. She's gotten to the point where she will sit down and do a 25 piece puzzle on her own without help. Amazing!


The Dora puzzle's been done several times this week.

I just like this picture because she always pulls a bucket or a bowl over to sit on. Hee hee. If she's not wearing them on her head as a hat then she's using them as a stool. They never get used as a bucket or a bowl.

We're going to go up to the lake tomorrow and spend the night. Yeah for Labor Day because Michael doesn't have to go to Louisville for class so we can all just play! Katelyn's driving us nuts to go to the lake! We're ready for grammy and papa to come back next week and play with us!!!

No comments: