Monday, September 13, 2010

Kick the ball Katelyn!

I have been waiting for today for the last two years. The day when Katelyn is old enough to be part of a team, a class, a group. Well the day finally came. Pee Wee Sports at our favorite YMCA. 3-5 year olds. An introduction to kickball, soccer, t-ball and basketball. Learn some basics. Follow directions. Get some exercise. Play with some other kids. I have been talking this day up to Katelyn for weeks now. I was really pumped.
Yep, it was a total bust (at least for day one.)
Katelyn woke up from her nap in a foul mood and it just went down hill. She did not want to play, kick, follow directions or run the bases. She certainly didn't want to do any of it without me standing right next to her. Sigh. (See picture below.)
Coach Trevor is awesome with the kids. All four of them. :) They were working on kickball fundamentals today. Here they are getting in a line.

And everyone runs to first base together and puts their foot on it.

Then they all run the bases one by one. "Come on Katelyn, run!" (What you do not see is what happened two seconds after she left second base and laid down in the middle of the floor refusing to move...obstinate child.)

And really, this is what it looks like when you get the 3-5 year olds together. So funny!
For the record, after dinner tonight Katelyn and I went in the backyard. She kicked the ball to me and then ran to each of the bases, calling them by name. She heard every word Coach Trevor said...she just refused to participate. There's always Wednesday.....

Okay, is everyone happy? I posted Katelyn news and pictures...now onto this week's menu.
Yesterday I made granola bars. Instead of buying two boxes of snack food for lunches, I decided to make them. Much healthier and I had all of the ingredients on hand so I saved at least $5. They're really good and everyone loves them.....

Here's the menu:

Monday- BBQ chicken in the crock pot, baked potatoes and peas
Tuesday - pork chops with mushrooms over egg noodles and salad
Wednesday - Grammy and Papa get here!!! Lasagne with sauce made with tomatoes and basil from our garden, fresh bread and salad
Thursday - Chicken asiago sausage with peppers over linguini & salad
Friday and Saturday at the lake!!!!
Yum, yum, yum! Most of what we're having this week is stuff I already have on hand so my grocery list is just a handful of items. Awesome!

1 comment:

A.B. said...

Thank you very much for KATELYN! Your update brought a smile to my face! Your description was great...I felt like I was there watching. Love you all....hugs and kisses to Kateyln and Michael!