Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Counting my blessings

My grandma always said, "Count your blessings." Not a day goes by that I don't heed that advice. Counting my blessings is as simple as opening my eyes each day and looking around me and I'm determined not to take the blessings right in front of me for granted.

My parents have come back to Kentucky for the month and so the lake house was a hub of activity this weekend. Michael, Katelyn and I plus my brother and sister-in-law and their two dogs all descended upon the folks for some time to play! We had so much fun!!!

And this little girl loves being at the lake...but more than that she just loves her family. (Isn't she getting so tall??)

I was so sad this picture turned out blurry...but just look at this happy pair. Katelyn loves hanging out with Papa. They're buddies.

...and I'm pretty sure that Papa likes hanging out with Katelyn too (you think?).
Grammy and Katelyn did puzzles and makeup. Katelyn frequently starts her sentences with "Grammy you wanna _____ with me?" Grammy always says yes. Katelyn loves her grammy!


Oh and these two....these two I love with all of me...and thinking about life a year ago and life now. Sigh...my life is rich and full and these two are the blessings I count multiple times every single day. And seeing them snuggling on the couch...I paused to count that as one very big blessing. :)

Who knew I'd end up being a big old home body?


Oh....and here's the menu for the week:

Monday - steak, baked potatoes, salad

Tuesday - chicken with peanut, curry yogurt sauce, rice, peas, homemade bread

Wednesday - winter squash soup, salad, homemade bread

Thursday - zesty chicken meatloaf, mashed sweet potatoes, green beans

Yum Yum!


1 comment:

a.b. said...

Oh how one person can have such an effect on all of us. We miss her so much. But we carry on each day loving each and every family member, as they love us. And always remembering to "Count our Blessings." We are all so lucky to have eachother. I am so happy that you found happiness sweetie. It was just a year ago when a new chapter started for you. Life is good. God is good. Can't wait to see you next weekend. I really, really need a Kentucky-family fix! Love you .... a.b.