Friday, September 10, 2010

This week's menu

It has been "Squash Week" at the Kramer's house this week. Last week Meijer had spaghetti squash, butternut and acorn squash for 49 cents a pound...so I got all three! (I love squash!)
Here's this week's menu:
Monday - Leftovers (we were just getting back from the lake)
Tuesday - Turkey sausage and lentil soup, salad and fresh baked rye bread (pictured below). This soup was SO good. It had coconut milk, cilantro, curry, red lentil and butternut squash in it and I had leftover turkey italian sausage that I threw in there. It was awesome! Here's the link: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/vegan-red-lentil-soup/detail.aspx
Wednesday - Vegetable pizza with homemade whole wheat crust & a salad (I used the leftover grilled vegetables from last week and a tomato out of the garden...YUMMY!)
Thursday - Baked spaghetti squash with beef and veggies, salad and rye bread. This was the best recipe I've ever used for a creative way to cook spaghetti squash. Michael loved it too and was happy to take leftovers for lunch today. Here's the recipe: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/baked-spaghetti-squash-with-beef-and-veggies/detail.aspx
Friday - community dinner at our pastor's house (I'm making banana pudding)
Saturday - I'm not sure what I'm doing yet....either reworked leftovers or something new with items I need to use in the fridge
Sunday - Date night! (no cooking for me..)
I love trying new recipes!

No comments: