Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Yummy recipe update

Michael, Katelyn and I went to Michigan for a long weekend so this recipe is actually one we did a couple of weeks ago but it was really good. It's chicken with peanut curry yogurt sauce and naan bread. Here's the link for the curry: www.allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken-with-peanut-curry-yogurt-sauce/detail.aspx
It was really easy to make.
Then last week I was trying to clean everything out of the fridge before we left. We had lots of tomatoes from the garden and I had spinach and mushrooms to use. We had brought some bread home from the lake the weekend before and we had lots of apples from a friend's apple tree. So we had crustless spinach and mushroom quiche (I added the mushrooms because I needed to use them and I used fresh spinach. I put tomato slices on the top for the last ten minutes of baking and we thought the tomatoes made the recipe perfect.) and then I made bruschetta (I had pesto in the freezer.) It was a great dinner! And I used up veggies, cheese, bread and eggs before we left!
I'm starting a new job next week! (More on that later.) So the menu planning will be more important than ever if we are going to eat healthy and at home...(I won't be getting off work until 6pm) So I'm working on the menu for the rest of this week and all of next week so I can get the shopping and prepping done early.

No comments: