Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A trip to the orchard

Katelyn, Grammy, Papa and I headed off to Evan's Orchard today. It is BEAUTIFUL out...the perfect fall day. Katelyn was really excited for such a fun adventure. I've decided that Evan's is my favorite place in the area to go for this type of fall activity. They have a great play area, a huge pumpkin patch and their food is really reasonably priced.
Here's Katelyn's cutest little fall photo! Boy do I love this kid!!!
I told her if she'd stand here so I could take her picture we could go in the playground. Yeah, I'm not above bribery. There, I said it.

Oh Grammy and Papa, how we love you so...
Everyone got on Katelyn's bus. Of course she's the driver.

The slide is huge....so tall...you go so fast. I went on it once with Katelyn and then she did it a zillion times by herself. She laughed and laughed...arms waving in the air. NO FEAR AT ALL. Our little thrill seeker.





What a happy girl. Have I mentioned how much this child loves to play outside? She loves being outside like no one I've ever known. I'm embracing fall because winter with a three year old...this three year old in particular...is going to be fun. (insert sarcasm)

Chosing which way to go in the corn maze was very fun for Katelyn. It was like an episode of Dora the Explorer with her playing Dora. "Which path should we take?"

And when we were all done running, playing and exploring, Grammy and Papa had to head back to the lake but Katelyn and I sat and enjoyed a great big lemonade and a fresh apple cider doughnut. We decided that we'd wait to pick our pumpkin out until Michael could come with us. Katelyn thought that was a good idea because it means she gets to come back.

On the way home she fell asleep in the car.
A successful afternoon for sure.

No comments: