Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The menu's a must

I'm starting a new job on Monday.
The timing, the schedule...everything has fallen into place perfectly.
I'm going to be the Assistant Director of Central Baptist Church Childcare Center.
I'm very excited that I will get to continue working with children and encouraging the teachers that invest in them everyday. I think this is a great position for me that will combine both administrative functions and hands on time in the classrooms.
I'll be working from 10am-6pm which is a great schedule for us. It allows me to get Katelyn where she needs to be each day before I head to work.
I've known that I got the job for a while and was really blessed to be able to start this next Monday instead of a few weeks ago. We were able to go up to Michigan and I've been able to have the last six weeks just to first, find a job, and second to simply be at home with Michael and Katelyn which has been a blessing to me.
So on that note...since I won't be getting off work until 6pm each evening, having a plan for dinner will be super important if we are going to eat something healthy at home each night.
So I've planned the menu for the rest of this week and next:
Wednesday- Rotiserre chicken from Sam's Club (love these for $5), mashed potatoes & peas
Thursday- King Ranch Chicken Casserole & salad (using leftover chicken from Weds.)
Friday and Saturday - at the lake
Sunday - Salmon patty burgers, spaghetti squash and steamed broccoli
Monday- Chicken & wild rice soup (broth and chicken from the last of the rotiserre...I told you that $5 was worth it), fresh bread and salad (I'll make the soup and salad on Sunday and prep the bread maker in the morning)
Tuesday - Shepherd's pie & salad (cook the vegetables and ground beef Sunday or Monday night)
Wednesday - Grilled pork chops and pasta with vegetables
Thursday - Leftovers or "Breakfast for Dinner"
That will get us to the weekend and we're not sure what we're doing next weekend, so I'll do some cooking and planning for the next week with what we have on hand.
I feel better when I have a plan. I really, really hate the "So, what are we having for dinner?" phone call on the way home from work at the end of a long day...

No comments: