Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hiking at Raven's Run

It is a gorgeous day today. The weather's in the high sixties...clear blue skies. I started working this week (and I'm loving my new job)....but I've had much less time with Michael and Katelyn and I was ready for some quality family fun time. So off we went to Raven's Run. It's a nature sanctuary here in Fayette County with ten miles of trails.
Katelyn loves a hiking adventure and she did a great job.

Oh I love this girl. She and I came hiking out here at this time last year. It's even more fun now...especially because Michael is with us.

Michael's so good with Katelyn...very patient and protective. She was happy to walk right along beside him. He didn't mind either. :)

We hiked out to an overlook of the Kentucky River. It was BEAUTIFUL!

On the hike back in Katelyn started to wind down. We brought the Ergo carrier with us just in case this happened. Michael carried her on his back. He said it was comfortable. I love this carrier. Katelyn weighs about 33 pounds and I used this carrier with her 2 1/2 years ago and she can still fit in it! Awesome purchase.


While we were hiking out she fell asleep in the carrier. So cute. What a perfect day to be outside!

No comments: