Thursday, June 2, 2011

A yummy day

I love Thursdays because Katelyn and I get to hang out all day. We don't have any agenda necessarily except to have a girl day. Katelyn says, "No boys allowed."

I had a coupon for a free pizza so Katelyn and I went out for lunch. $1.69 for my drink is not a bad lunch total. :) Katelyn loves cheese pizza. When I ask if she wants anything else on it she simply says, "No thanks mom. Just cheese and sauce." She always knows exactly what she wants, I'll give her that.


This afternoon Katelyn played outside for a bit.


The thing in her hand is a magnifying glass. She was running around looking for ants. She loves ants. When she finds one she picks it up and lets it crawl on her arm. Ewww...


I was finishing up dinner and looked outside and Katelyn and Michael were dancing together in the backyard. He always hums a waltz when he dances with her and sometimes I'll catch her during the day humming the same tune while she plays. So, so sweet.


Normally Katelyn could care less about dolls and her stroller. But today she marched the whole setup outside and tore around the backyard like an off road vehicle. Hillarious. I wonder if she's too young to do the mowing?


This was our dinner. Michael and I went out the other night to a great local restaurant and had a grilled zucchini "burger" So tonight we recreated the burger ourselves. The slices of zucchini were marinated in some sundried tomato vinegrette and then grilled. I sauted onions, mushrooms and bell peppers and put them on there with some sliced tomatoes and a piece of mozarella cheese on top and threw it in the oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Then we put lettuce and wasabi mayo on it. SO GOOD! The broccoli is from our garden and we just steamed it. Delicious dinner!


Because we tilled our compost pile in with our garden soil we now have some mystery plants growing out in the bed. I'm pretty sure this is butternut squash (We ate a lot of it this fall/winter) but we will see. It's growing really well so I just left it.


The cabbage is beautiful right now.


It's been so hot this week that we are having to hurry and harvest the broccoli because it is starting to bolt (go to seed and flower which will make it inedible.)


I really love having a garden. This is a very yummy time of year!!!

No comments: