Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Latest project

This old bookcase that my brother gave me years ago has been sitting in the garage with junk on it since, well, years ago. In an effort to get ourselves organized before the baby comes, we wanted to move a corner full of Katelyn's stacked toys, puzzles, art stuff kind of clutter and move it into the front room and get it situated.

So instead of buying a new piece of furniture to do that I decided to reuse this old piece. So I sanded, painted and sealed it this weekend. (Yes, I wore a mask.)

I already had the paint that I love (and got for free by the way) so it cost about $60 for all of the baskets and the polyurethane to seal it. It turned out cute and now I can get all of the kid clutter organized this week before we add baby stuff clutter. (And we have one less thing in our garage!) Pretty good for nine months pregnant. (Although, as I was painting the bottom shelves I was thinking this would have been a good project for a couple of months ago.)



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks great...and organized too!