Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy birthday, Noah!

Today is Noah's first birthday.  He is one.  A full year has gone by.  At this exact moment last year I was so nauseous and sick.  It was just hours after he was born and I hadn't even really held him yet.  The past twenty four hours had been long. 
 It was all worth every single second. 
 Those hours pale in comparison to this last year of life with Noah.  Our family is so blessed by this little guy.

We celebrated Noah today.

 We're having a birthday party for him on Saturday but we decided to go out to eat tonight at our new favorite Mexican restaurant.  The waiter was so nice and brought us a piece of cake for Noah.  Noah has never had anything like this before.  He wanted at it.

 We call this "stinker face."  

 He stuck his finger in the chocolate.  Hmmm...that's good.

 Rotten.

 Okay, what's next?

 Play time at home.

 Happy birthday to me!

 Katelyn has been so sweet to Noah all day.  She made him a birthday card and has sung "Happy Birthday" to her brother a dozen times. For the last couple of days she's been telling everyone she comes across that today is Noah's birthday.  She loves him.

 Playmates.

 And of course the kids were hyped up on sugar so we HAD to jump on the bed.

 I love this picture!  This sums up Katelyn.  Life, joy, energy, silliness.

I don't know what I did to deserve this life but I am grateful for it everyday.

Happy birthday, sweet Noah.  I am so thankful for you and I can't wait to see what this year brings!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Happy birthday!! You are a doll!! Looks like you have been blessed with a wonderful big sister too!

Melissa K. said...

Thanks, Carrie. And yes, he is so blessed with the best big sister. He LOVES her.