Friday, May 30, 2008

Springtime in Kentucky is FABULOUS!

I'm so glad that we have a baby who LOVES being outside, because spring is especially wonderful in Kentucky this year. Everything is super green and this week we've had perfect weather. On Memorial Day, mom and I took Katelyn to the park to feed the ducks. It was the first time she had done that before and she so intently watched the ducks and geese. I told her that the ducks say quack and when we were walking away she said "cack, cack." What a smart girl!!Katelyn playing in the grass...she loves the grass.
She learned how to cruise around the corner of the coffee table this week. She's getting more courageous...we've had a few wipe-outs. Bonk!
My friend Megan and I have been trying to meet on Fridays to let our kids play for a bit. Her son, Jeremiah, is two. There's a park right by our house in a new subdivision. I love it because there's lots of green space and a neighboring farm. Katelyn's been watching the Baby MacDonald DVD that's all about life on the farm...so she's liking barnyard animals these days.
This is a great "day at the park in Kentucky" picture. So fun.

Last night our pastor had the community dinner that is normally at his house out at the community garden the church has been doing behind the school. It was so fun and Katelyn loved hanging out outside with all the other kids. One of our African church members made goat skewers on the grill...I even tried a piece...tastes like chewy pork. There were several families from the neighborhood who came out and it seemed like everyone was having a great time. I love it that when the weather gets better everyone spends more time outside and is ready to socialize. This is definitely my favorite time of year.

No comments: