Thursday, June 19, 2008

Katelyn is ONE!

Well, it's official...we have a toddler. Katelyn turned one yesterday and we celebrated her life! The one thing I selfishly wanted was to have our baby home in time for her first birthday. And we were so blessed to get to play and celebrate with friends and family. Katelyn is such a joy. She's so full of life and so interested in exploring everything.
I had a sad moment yesterday after our little party right after I had put Katelyn to sleep. On the other side of the world there was a woman who was painfully remembering giving birth the year before and giving up her child...wondering where she was on her first birthday...so I said a prayer thanking Jesus for my baby and thanking her birth mother, who I will never know, for having the courage to give her baby up so that she could have a better life. I don't know the circumstances around that decision, but I do know that I love this woman so much, because without her, I wouldn't have Katelyn...and I just can't imagine what that would be like.
Happy birthday baby!
Here's part of the spread.
I must say I was excited about the cupcake creation. (Really I was excited that everything fit perfectly on the platter.)
I can't believe how big she's gotten in two months!

My mom took some great pictures too. I'll put more up tomorrow. Now I need to sleep because there will be a little person babbling into the monitor at 6:30 am. :)

1 comment:

our treasures said...

our girls birthday are th same. Happy Birthday.