Friday, June 27, 2008

High five

We went to Woodland Park today for our weekly play date. SO FUN! I love this park...there's a community pool, a great playground, a skate park and lots of big trees. Katelyn was soaking it all up! She went on the swings for a long time. This is a breakthrough. She was terrified of the swings at first but every time we go to the park, we try again...today she liked it. The white knuckles are gone. Whoo hoo!

We all went to grab some lunch. My friend has a six year old son adopted from Ukraine and a two year old African American little boy adopted domestically. The two of us with our children of three different races/ethnicities are quite the site. My friend and I just chat away and every once in a while I catch someone watching us trying to figure out which kid goes with whom and how all of this works. It makes me laugh every time. Our families aren't quite your typical make-up. It's amazing how quickly your child just becomes part of you and you forget that they don't look like you. I'm glad it's like that. The great thing is that usually people just love our kids. They are all so cute and they all have BIG personalities...so they are entertaining to all who are lucky enough to have their lunch completely interupted by us. Mr mailman from the A&W...sorry you didn't get to eat in peace...please don't "lose" my mail.

The boys did teach Katelyn how to high five today. She was so proud of herself. Now she gives me high fives when I stick out my hand and laughs about her new skill. She's destined to marry one of these boys...I'm pretty sure of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our LID is 1/24/06 and live in Louisville. I would love to chat sometime since we will be traveling soon.