Friday, December 5, 2008

Deck the halls with boughs of holly...

While Katelyn was napping this afternoon, I put up the Christmas tree. So pretty if I do say so myself. When she woke up I told her I had a big surprise for her...so we went downstairs and I flipped on the lights. She just stood there staring. She wasn't quite sure what to do with this spectacle. But I think she's decided that she likes it. I waited so long for her to be home for Christmas...and at last, she is here!Umm, look at those long eyelashes!! She looks so innocent. Pictures can be so decieving. :)
Here's the princess clapping. She was all of a sudden very excited about Christmas!


Here's the finished product. I even bought a star for the top today. Every year I say I need to get one and I found the right one today and it was on sale for $5.50. I couldn't pass it up.


The tree is up and it's beautiful, but my favorite place in the house is the little table by the tree with the nativity scene on it. I collect these Willow Tree figurines and my mom and dad got me the nativity scene last year for Christmas. I was so excited to set it up. Christmas is about Jesus and I want that to always be what our home focuses on this time of year. Jesus is the gift and the presents that we give each other are just a symbol of the gift we've already been given in our Savior.








No comments: