Saturday, October 24, 2009

Great slow cooker recipe

I am trying to use up some of the food I have in the freezer and pantry. I'm a stockpiler and my cabinets and freezer are out of control. I was trying to clean and do laundry this afternoon so I looked up a slow cooker recipe for pork chops. This recipe for pork chops and rice in the slow cooker is excellent. It was really good and I'll definitely make it again.
The only changes I made were to use a whole cup of brown rice (make sure it's regular rice not minute rice). I made my own beef broth with about 12 oz of water and a couple of beef boullion cubes on the stove.
About 15-20 minutes of prep...throw it in the crock pot on high for 4 hours. Perfect. Would be great on a chilly Sunday after church!!
I love using the crock pot! Some days it's the only way we eat a nice, healthy home cooked meal instead of running through a drive thru.

No comments: