Sunday, November 7, 2010

A homey fall day

Today was lovely...sunny and crisp...but not too cold. Definitely a fall day.

Yesterday I cooked down the last of a rotiserre chicken from last week and made creamy chicken and wild rice soup and stuck it in the fridge. Before we left for church this morning I started the bread maker. So we came home for lunch and opened the door to the smell of fresh honey wheat bread. We heated up the soup...YUM!!!


After lunch, Katelyn went down for a nap. I put some nice music on. Michael was reading. I had a cooking marathon. I made applesauce in the crock pot. I had pizza dough going in the bread maker so I could made the pizza for tomorrow night's dinner and stick it in the fridge. I had three pie pumpkins that needed to be roasted and the pumpkin pureed and put in the freezer (by the way for $4 or $5 in fresh pumpkins I got the equivalent of 6 cans of pureed pumpkin.) I'm ready to make a very yummy pie.

Then for tonight's dinner I made meatloaf (I used a new recipe which ended up being great.), roasted potato, sweet potato and delicata squash and peas. Dinner was the perfect fall meal.


The applesauce was SO good....and really easy in the crock pot. We bought 1/2 a bushel of apples for $8 while we were in Michigan and the drawers of the fridge have been full of them...it was time to do something with a pile of them.


Katelyn loved the applesauce. Surprise, surprise.

And if that wasn't enough cooking for one day, Katelyn and I made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies together. :)


I was a good weekend in the kitchen. We are ready for the new week!


No comments: