Sunday, November 21, 2010

I want to be in the circus

In the last week Katelyn has announced that she wants to play the violin and she wants to be in the circus....so I'm just going to warn you...these pictures are fabulously CUTE and this might just be my favorite blog post ever. If you are looking for the essence of Katelyn, this post is it.
If you are still wondering what to get Katelyn for Christmas, may I suggest a laundry basket, a bucket, a bowl, a container of some sort that she can just dump everything out of, flip over and stand on. That's what she wants. I promise. She steals my laundry basket every time and the red tub is her living room toy box...so guess where all the toys end up every single day when she does this...yep...ALL OVER THE FLOOR....

Here she is doing her "trick".

"Taa Daa...I added the bowl." She comes up with this all on her own. Her imagination is HUGE!

Here she is getting ready to perform for us.
I just want to say...when I thought about having a beautiful little girl I thought there would be dolls and princesses and things that were frilly. I never thought I would hear the phrase, "Mama, can I juggle my bugs?" I kid you not...this is what I was asked last night from the girl standing on top of the laundry basket.
And what was my response?
"Sure baby, go ahead."
(I mean really, don't you want to know what it looks like when a three year old juggles bugs?)

Here she is with the two chameleons....getting ready to juggle.

And juggling meant throwing them up in the air and giggling hysterically. Michael and I were laughing so hard. I really thought I might pee my pants.

How can one little girl bring so much joy?
And really, I love it that she likes bugs and dirt and being outside. She needs to touch things and see how things work. She loves a flashlight, a tape measure and a magnifying glass. A budding scientist for sure. Michael's in heaven. For Christmas Katelyn is getting matchbox cars, play tools, legos and an art easle. Not your typical little girl...but we really, really love Katelyn's spirit and curiousity. Now we just need to nurture it.....


1 comment:

a.b. said...

She is a hoot! I miss her so much. I bought her Beauty and the Beast for Christmas...like we talked about. You'll have to let me know if she sits through any part of it. Love the fact that you posted 3 times this week! Thank you. I miss you and Michael too. Give Mr. and Mrs. Kramer hugs for us.