Sunday, November 7, 2010

This week's randomness

I know this is hard to see...but this is what the backyard and garden look like...seemingly dead, right?
...but no, this is what I harvested out of the garden on November 2nd!!! Peppers, eggplant and tomatoes. CRAZY. The garden is the gift that keeps on giving. It's been so dry here and I stopped watering a month ago...but still the little garden keeps on ticking. We had frost on the windshield this morning so I'm guessing we're done now...but who knows? We had fajitas tonight with red, yellow and green bell peppers in it from the garden!

Katelyn regularly talks about Grammy and Papa. She made me draw them the other day. I think this picture looks remarkably like my dad. Katelyn thought it was funny. :)

With my new job I definitely have less time with Katelyn during the week. So today we had girl time. We went out to lunch, to the library and to the grocery store. Tonight Katelyn got to watch one of her movies from the library and do art. She really loves to color and paint. Her coloring skills are improving. She's really working at staying somewhat within the lines. It's good that she's embracing this indoor hobby. It's going to be a long winter.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates! And you get your fabulous drawing skills from me! WOW! Just one more thing.... Love you lots! a.b.