Saturday, November 20, 2010

Hooray for a productive Saturday!

Today was a full day for us...but really productive. I conquered the pile of laundry that almost ate us. We all went and did some Christmas shopping and Michael got some things he needed at Lowes. Katelyn took a solid nap this afternoon. I organized the spice rack and spice shelf in the cabinet. I know this sounds silly....but I cook a lot. And we have A LOT of spices. I got them all orgainzed and cleaned off the kitchen counter....another monumental task...the kitchen clutter was going to eat us if the laundry didn't. Michael fixed the running toilet and the shower door that wouldn't close. I went upstairs and the tank of the toilet was completely dismantled. I gave my sweet engineer of a husband a kiss and left him to fix and reassemble our potty. :) (I've learned to just walk away...It always looks scary but he somehow always gets it back together and working perfectly.) I love my husband.
Michael went and got a haircut and came back with surprise flowers. (Please note...he helped with Christmas shopping, fixed everything in the bathroom and brought me flowers...and chocolate....JUST BECAUSE. Monday he's taking my car to get new tires on it and the oil changed. All I have to do is take his car and come home at the end of the day to mine that's been all fixed. If I'm dreaming, PLEASE DO NOT WAKE ME UP!!!)

Katelyn ate an egg and toast for breakfast, a turkey and cheese sandwich and craisins for lunch, apple slices for a snack, and chicken, brown rice and steamed broccoli for dinner....so of course she got a little ice cream with M&Ms in it for dessert. :)

She was pretty happy about her treat.

We had a super Saturday...we're getting ready to leave on Wednesday and spend Thanksgiving with Michael's family! We have so much to be thankful for....our first Thanksgiving as a family!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love my engineer husband too. And yes, the best thing to do is walk away. Somehow they know how to put it all back together. Thanks for another Katelyn Fix. Love the pictures :) Have a safe trip to Michael's parents. I am sure you will have a great Thanksgiving. Know we will miss you. But what a year you've had. I am so glad you are happy. Love you. a.b.