Monday, December 13, 2010

December activities

Well, since we're buried under snow and the high all last week never topped 25 degrees...we've been finding more inside activities to keep us occupied. Snowmen are great and all, but it's REALLY cold out there.
My wonderfully amazing husband has turned out to be quite the handyman. When he starts tearing things apart I hardly flinch anymore. I'm actually really confident in his abilities. :) Our sink had a pretty bad leak and we decided to get a whole new faucet...since the builders put in the very cheapest one possible and six years was just too long for it to function properly.
So here's the sink without a faucet....
And here's the new faucet with a handy sprayer. I love it. But Michael did figure out (after we ran the dishwasher once) that there is some air thing that needs to happen and so he drilled another hole in the sink to put another part in. He drilled a hole in the stainless steal...and I wasn't really even worried about having to replace the whole sink (well maybe the thought crossed my mind once.)
It's working perfectly. Good job honey!
Katelyn is loving her Tinker Toys (and yes, I never fixed the pig tails after her nap). Michael helped her build a monorail. She loved it.

I'm loving how content she is to play with these things!

We finally finished decorating the Christmas tree. Katelyn was so excited she just couldn't stand still. Every time I'd tell her to say cheese she would bounce.

She loved putting ornaments on the tree and everyday her favorite thing to do is come downstairs and flick on the light switch so that the tree will light up.

Grammy and papa will be here in two days!!! We are SUPER, SUPER excited to see them. Katelyn's got a list of things she wants to do with them....
family movie night with popcorn
Explorium
the mall (she just wants them to take her for a hamburger and french fries)
Tinker Toys
art
having a birthday party for papa (she really just wants the cake)
Ohhh the possibilites are endless.

1 comment:

Debbie Sauer said...

Hope she has a good time with her grandparents. I always look forward to doing something special with my grandchildren. Merry Christmas. Blessings