Friday, March 4, 2011

Child of the earth

My favorite times with Katelyn have been times outside. Katelyn is without a doubt a child of the earth. She lights up when we go outside. She is always excited for an outdoors adventure.
This girl doesn't care if it's raining or snowing...sunny, windy, cold, warm...doesn't matter. Just let her do something outside. So obviously as the weather is starting to turn slowly to spring Katelyn is embracing it.
She's checking out the garden and wants to know when we can get to work. I have really good garden helpers around here!!

I love that Katelyn isn't afraid to get dirty. She wants to roll in the grass and throw it all over herself....

She's already asking when we'll have tomatoes in the garden. Poor kid has quite a wait for those!

Katelyn's job is bringing the compost bowl from the kitchen to the compost pile. She does a good job and is always happy to help.

She's a pretty sassy girl. She knows her mind for sure. Of course that has to be tempered at times but I really do love her personality. She's got spunk!

And here she is rolling on the ground again! (No we haven't had snow recently...I just found the picture and it cracks me up.)

She's turned into a great little bike rider.

Aunt Shirley sent easter egg sidewalk chalk and Katelyn loves it. (Thank you!!)

Such a fun girl. I'm so excited for all of the new outside memories we have to make this year!!
The anticipation of spring is glorious!

Katelyn loves rainbows, strawberry ice cream with sprinkles, cupcakes, hearts and dirt. :)
I love this girl!!! And it's really big love.

1 comment:

a.b. said...

Hugs and kisses to all of you. I miss you.