Monday, March 24, 2008

Three more weeks until Family Day!!!

Ummm we'll get Katelyn three weeks from today (maybe three weeks from last night). Who's excited about this??? Raise your hand...oh, me, me, me!!! I can't believe we leave in 2 1/2 weeks. That's surreal. I ran some errands this weekend gathering items for the trip. I hung the rest of the pictures in the family room. I did a bunch at church over the weekend (Happy Easter by the way...He is Risen!!!) We had Brandon and Ashley with us this weekend and Josh was working 3rd shift covering for someone on vacation :(. I got the linen closet cleaned out upstairs (the thrift store will be happy). I went to the bank on Friday to order a whole lot of cash (has to all be in new or like new condition). Everyday is a little adventure against the clock. I really need a 36 hour day for the next couple of weeks.

A family in our travel group had to travel early because of a work conflict. They just got their baby yesterday. She's from the same orphanage as Katelyn and she's beautiful. I told this lady that I'd need the inside scoop on the trip when they get back.

Our friends Megan and Jonathan baptized their little girl Naomi yesterday. Mike and Susan were there with their daughter Maggie. The service was awesome and Naomi was hysterical. She was so excited to sit in the water. She was mad when they took her out. Naomi is almost 20 months old. Maggie is almost 16 months old. Our other friends Vanessa and Patrick's little girl Parker is 13 months old and Katelyn is 9 months old. We're calling them the Ya Ya Sisterhood and Naomi, Maggie and Parker have been waiting for Katelyn to come home. So cute. Naomi and Maggie kept giving each other hugs and kisses yesterday. Katelyn's going to have good friends. We love the Ya Yas.

I'm so thankful I know all these people with little girls. I feel surrounded by people who are right there with us. That's great because I'm not sure I know what I'm doing....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry sweetie you will do fine in Katelyn's upbringing. All you need is to use common sense and give her plenty of love and kisses and hugs. That's what you were raised on and look how great you turned out. I love you lots.

Mom

Melissa K. said...

I paid her to say all that. :) Thanks mom.