Monday, March 17, 2008

Travel Approval!!!

Our agency received word from the China Center of Adoption Affairs today saying that they have approved us to travel! Whoo hoo. So our agency has contacted the US Consulate in Guangzhou requesting our appointment for April 22nd. If we get this date then we will be ready to book our flights for April 10th-24th. Whoo hoo again!!! They said we will know for sure in 1-5 days.

Great news. We're almost there. Katelyn is nine months old today. I just want to thank my friends with young children. They have humored my zillion questions...How old is your child?, How much does she weigh? How tall is she? What size is she wearing? Does she have teeth? How many? What is she eating? etc...etc... I'm a lunatic! It's very strange to be jumping in in the middle. I don't know what to pack. I just go into the baby's room, look around, get overwhelmed and walk back out. I've got to stop doing that. My brother's coming over on Thursday evening to help me with some handyman stuff around the house. Once that's done I will start washing the clothes we have for Katelyn and sort them out by size. Anyone who knows me and my mother knows that this kid already has a closet full of clothes...In our defense, we've had 2 1/2 years to shop. That's a lot of end of season clearance sales.

Have I mentioned that we're GOING TO CHINA!!! Josh said today that he's relieved that the NCAA championship game will happen right before we leave. I said REALLY this matters...we're going to get our child. And still he said he's glad that he gets to see the end of the college basketball season AND go to China. Do you all see what I'm working with here??? Josh said all we need to do is pack some clothes for him and I and some for the baby. Yeah, I'm going to let him go ahead and do that and see what his suitcase is lacking when we get to China. :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

Congrats! As a mom to 2 girls from China adopted through AHH you will be in VERY good hands while in China especially if you get Sissi as a guide in Nanchang! Looking forward to following your journey!

Becky -- mom to Olivia (5) and Sophia (3) both from Jiangxi and through AHH

"T" said...

Yeah Yall!! Can't wait to follow along with yall.
Tonya

maria said...

We are so excited for you!!! And just so you'll know, Billy would undoubtedly say the same thing about the NCAA tourney. I can't believe he agreed to get married in March!

Cindy Crissman said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! I welcome the questions. I know how good it feels to be prepared when you can. So I would love to help you get as prepared as you can.