Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy (belated) 4th of July!!!

On Friday we went over to celebrate with our friends the Hendersons. Of course we all had fun, but Josh had to work third shift and there was no way this little one was going to make it until 10pm for the fireworks...so we had an explosive-free 4th...although everyone in our neighborhood was blowing things up all night...and last night...and I'm sure tonight (fireworks are not puppy friendly...poor Brody's been in hiding all week!)
But today after church Katelyn was just too cute not to snap a few pics...The poor kid thinks that every day's a photo shoot...at least she'll have a healthy self-esteem!
So sassy in her doo rag!
Ummm...yep, I have the cutest kid!

It is pretty amazing that just a few months ago this little girl was living in an orphanage in rural China and now she's a U.S. citizen adjusting well to her Kentucky life.
Happy Independence Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lissy. She is just so cute. I can't wait to see her this week. I'm so excited that you'll be here to share in my happiness, although I will miss Josh! Expect me to give Katelyn many hugs and kisses! Love A. S.

Melissa K. said...

We can't wait to come celebrate with you and meet John!! And I've warned Katelyn that she better be ready to be showered with the love!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Those 4th pics are the cutest ever! I could just eat her up! Looks like you are having a great time getting to know who she is and she looks like she is pretty much running the show! Just like ours!Hope you are having a fun summer! take care, Beckey Breeze