Saturday, August 1, 2009

Garden update

This is a great year for gardening! This is the best summer ever...not too hot and plenty of rain.
Below are my tomatoes and peppers. I've been getting lots of grape tomatoes. I got the first couple of roma tomatoes today. The yellow pear tomatoes are coming in as are the big slicer tomatoes in the back. I've gotten a couple of banana peppers and I have a red pepper that is just about ripe. There are a couple of yellow peppers that aren't far behind. It's so fun to go out in the backyard and pick something for lunch or dinner and eat it right away!
The basil is doing great. I'm going to make a batch of pesto tomorrow and get this pile all trimmed back so it can grow again.

Green onions and oregano (that I need to trim back and dry some for later. The oregano has a mind of its own.)

I mowed the grass today and picked tomatoes out of the garden....a lovely afternoon while Katelyn napped!


1 comment:

Maree said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for your sweet comments. Your garden is so organized...fresh veggies are the best!

Katelyn is so darn cute! Love the photo's at the mall. We have a Pirate ship at Oxmoor Leah could live at..thank goodness the cookie and pretzel place are near to use as a lure!

Come anytime! I'm not watching the girls during the week, Sis decide they needed to be in pre-school. Kate is doing great. We decidede fingers are over rated...

Maybe you all could come on Saturday and we could have a picnic in the park.

God Bless!