Saturday, August 1, 2009

Yeah for the consignment stores!!!

Today my favorite local kids consignment store was clearning out all of their summer stuff. Fill a bag for $15. Are you kidding me??? You know I'm all over that!
So here's what I got Katelyn to put up for next summer (And really a few pairs of stretch pants that she'll be able to wear this fall and next spring also!)
2 bathing suits for next year (one is Old Navy)
1 pair of pajamas (Disney Store)
3 pairs of jean capris (1 pair Sketchers, 1 pair for this summer)
1 summer dress (new with tags on it)
4 pairs of cotton pants (2 pairs Gymboree, 1 pair Lands End)
3 pairs of pants (1 pair Baby Gap, 1 pair Oshkosh)
1 skirt
1 pair of skorts
2 tank tops (Carters and Children's Place)
3 t-shirts (2 Gymboree - 1 still with the tags on it!)
Do you see that this is 21 items...many of them name brand....two things with the tags still on them...all in great condition...all for $15!!!
And then I had $4 store credit that I couldn't use on the sale but I got her a really cute pair of jeans and with the credit they only cost me $1.
Pretty good haul for $16. The total consignment store price for all of this stuff was $85. Can you imagine what it would have been retail? Pretty good to save 80% off of the consignment store price! For all of you who tell me that Katelyn is always dressed cute...thank you. Please know, it's not because I spend much money. I let everyone else out there spend $25 for a pair of jeans at Gymboree and then I buy them for a few bucks. :)
The really awesome thing is...because this is all name brand stuff, when Katelyn is done with it and I sell it at a consignment sale, I'll make far more than the $16 I paid for all this stuff.
Ahhh...I love a bargain!
One day my daughter is going to revolt and refuse to wear all of this second hand stuff...but until then....

No comments: